The writer is unidentified, but it’s just a university student’s blog for film class. I’m not quoting this because it has great authority, but I just googled “fat bodies queer” to reassure myself that I’m not coming completely out of the blue with this stuff, and the first result I had actually reads like a contribution to the discussion I was just having. Weird, eh?
I want to add some useful, insightful things about the gender nonconformity of fat bodies; how idealized sex/gender representations are very focused on bodies with very little, and very specifically, deposited fat, and how it does deviate from norms of gender representation to accept a fat body as legitimately sexualized.
But I can’t, because I haven’t been to university. I’ve just rapped and argued on the internet since I was old enough to spell my name. Great work, Jesse. Way to make your mark.
- loveintheshadowsistheonlykind likes this
- arachno-capitalist reblogged this from malheureuse-enfant
- teenagesnufffilms likes this
- wattleandgum reblogged this from malheureuse-enfant
- malheureuse-enfant reblogged this from rljd
- william-m reblogged this from rljd
- sasqueer likes this
- future-frame likes this
- littlemxswitch likes this
- redheadbouquet likes this
- skittlespride reblogged this from queerandpresentdanger
- organization likes this
- fakemeet likes this
- jambos6 likes this
- howcloseis likes this
- fattyacidtrip likes this
- homotronic likes this
- lyngay likes this
- feministsbakecupcakestoo reblogged this from queerandpresentdanger
- andsoimissedmychance likes this
- clownyprincess likes this
- queerandpresentdanger reblogged this from chasingdunamis
- ultragraphique likes this
- beingmeghan likes this
- wickedkvnt likes this
- teenagewildlife likes this
- christmasonthemoon likes this
- scrapbeast likes this
- chasingdunamis reblogged this from rljd
- chasingdunamis likes this
- chosenofashurha likes this
- bloodycowards likes this
- gustave-flowbert said: As a queer person, I don’t see a problem with opening a discussion about sexuality, gender, and other body issues. Especially since we’ve only SO recently taken the word back, why not open it and offer it to others who want in?
- mistersparkle likes this
- prunellavulgaris said: write a zine!!! write all the zines!!!!!
- gustave-flowbert likes this
- rljd posted this